Summer is heating up, but here are 5 adventures to make Summer 2020 the best yet!
1. Visit a Zoo! We couldn’t have this list of adventures without mentioning a visit to the zoo, of course. Wherever you are in the world, by visiting your local accredited zoo and aquarium, you’re helping the animals and their conservation.
We’re an accredited zoo with the Association of Zoos & Aquariums, which means that we follow their guidelines for quality animal care and participate in a variety of conservation projects. Follow the link here to find a local AZA zoo and aquarium near you.
Plus, you can be a part of the conservation story with these great works of art by the animals, and many other souvenirs.
2. Go for a nature walk: Explore the world around you and enjoy nature. Getting out for a walk, and simply being quiet and still, can let you experience the sights and sounds of nature in a whole new way.
If you’re in Florida, and want to know what animals and plants you’re seeing, we have pocket guides that are easy to pack in your bag to bring with you on your nature walk. A great reference pocket guide for your next outdoor adventure, whether on the trails or at the beach.
3. Zip over the crocodiles and fly past the birds: For high-flying excitement on your next adventure, why not zip the zoo?! There are 2 courses of obstacles and ziplines, plus the Python Challenge Climbing Tower. A variety of fun and excitement to meet your adrenaline-seeking adventure needs on Crocodile Crossing Zipline Adventure.
When you’ve survived ziplining over crocodiles, get yourself a cool patch or pin to remember your summer of fun.
4. Day at the beach: Ride the waves, soak up some sunshine, and search for shells and sharks teeth.
The St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park is on a barrier island, so beautiful beaches are right across the street from us. You can surf the waves, lay out on the soft sand, and search for fun seashells and fossilized sharks teeth. However, they aren’t easy to find; here are some helpful hints: look for shiny, dark teeth. They vary in size and shape, and you may have to dig in the heavily shelled areas at low tide.
If you’re having a hard time finding any sharks teeth, we have Megalodon shark teeth in our Gift Shop that are sure to make an awesome souvenir from your adventure on Florida beaches.
5. Be on the water: Kayak, paddleboard, or go fishing in a boat, there are so many options to get out on the water and explore the rivers, lakes, and inter-coastal waterways. While you’re planning the fun times, here are a few items you don’t want to forget:
These pocket guides are waterproof and a great resource for identifying wildlife while you’re out on the water in Florida.
Overall, enjoy the great outdoors and have lots of great adventures!
For more information about the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park, visit our website.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube for the latest updates.
We’re located at 999 Anastasia Blvd, St. Augustine, Florida 32080
Call us at 904-824-3337
We’re open everyday, from 9am to 5pm.